Wood Transport & Logistics 2023
- 24-25 May 2023, Rotorua, New Zealand
Up to 40% of delivered log costs are being contributed by transport. This event showcases the very latest technologies for moving wood from the forest through to the log yard, processing plant, port or market. This includes new initiatives in the planning, logistics & operations within the wood supply chain.
The Woodflow series has been Australasia’s premier technology event. It provides timely insights into innovations, new tools, technologies and smart operating practices being employed by leading forestry, wood harvesting and log transport companies. It’s been run in both New Zealand and Australia, by the Forest Industry Engineering Association (FIEA).
With up to 40% of delivered log costs being contributed by transport, the events have provided the platform to showcase the very latest technologies for moving wood from the forest through to the log yard, processing plant, port or market. New initiatives being employed to improve planning, logistics & operations within the wood supply chain have also been profiled.
The last Woodflow series (or Wood Transport) ran mid-year in 2018. Since then, two large wood harvesting events, HarvestTECH 2019 and HarvestTECH 2021, have been run with record numbers of forest managers, harvest planners and logging contractors attending. Both focussed on innovations around steep slope harvesting operations and in-forest automation.
Since 2018, wood harvesting and log transport companies have been kept up to date on new innovations and developments through the regions’ monthly newsletter, HarvestTECH.News, that’s produced by FIEA. Over this time, huge advancements have been made in log measurement, transport and wood scheduling.
After 2-3 years of Covid-related travel, border and in-person meeting restrictions, those involved in log measurement, transport and scheduling are keen to set up a major wood transport event in May 2023.
- Remote sensing and real-time tracking of logs and wood products
- Innovative systems to integrate planning, operations, harvesting, transport & sales
- Advances in automated measurement, materials handling and packaging
- Opportunities for hydrogen fuel-cells for heavy-duty trucks
- EV, biofuel and hybrid -diesel fuel technologies to drive fleet decarbonisation
- Commercialisation of platooning and autonomous truck technologies
- Advances in remote control operations for log loading and machine operation
- Fleet electrification – moving from concept to reality.
- Cost-effective internet connectivity solutions for remote sites
- Improved options for log load securing
- Developments in information technology and data management
- Opportunities for using robotics, automation, augmented and virtual reality, machine learning, telematics and UAV’s
- Health and safety initiatives wood transport operations
- Options addressing key skills and labour shortages
Who Will Attend
- Harvesting and wood flow planners
- Wood harvesting and log haulage contractors
- Transport operators
- Forestry managers
- Forest owners
- Port companies
- Technical foresters
- Forestry consultants
- Forest researchers
- Wood supply chain and logistics companies
- Key suppliers to forestry, wood harvesting & transport operations
We are working closely with a wide range of New Zealand, Australian and international companies, service suppliers, researchers and government bodies to develop a strong and innovative programme. If you have any questions about the programme, please contact Brent Apthorp on email@example.com or (+64) 3 470 1902.
Sponsorship & Exhibition Opportunities
Wood Transport & Logistics 2023 offers a tremendous opportunity for companies involved in log measurement, log loading, wood transport, scheduling and logistics to maximise their exposure to the New Zealand and Australian industries.
Note: For similar FIEA wood harvesting events aligned to this programme, space SOLD OUT well before the event ran.
FIEA has earned a well-deserved reputation over 25 years of providing both event sponsors and exhibitors with a unique independent platform for promoting their products and services to forestry and wood products companies across this region.
Exhibition opportunities for this event include both stands inside the hotel venue, or space outside the venue for displaying larger equipment such as trucks or log loading machinery. Please contact us for further information.
For early information on planned sponsorship options and benefits for Wood Transport & Logistics 2023, or other upcoming FIEA events, please contact Gordon Thomson, FIEA Marketing & Sponsorship Manager, (+64) 7 921 1384 or (+64) 27 275 8022, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rotorua, New Zealand
Distinction Hotel Rotorua
390 Fenton Street, Rotorua, New Zealand
With its beautiful garden setting and located just minutes from the city centre, Distinction Rotorua Hotel is the perfect place to relax and unwind after a big day at the conference. After the event, this hotel is also a great base to enjoy the wealth of attractions and activities Rotorua has to offer. Free car parking is available at the venue, however, spaces are limited and hotel guests take priority.
Special accommodation rates will be available shortly.