It’s for this reason that a major Wood Transport & Logistics event has been set up by the Forest Industry Engineering Association with support from all of the key trucking associations for forestry and log transport companies for 24-25 May 2023.
As well as being the first dedicated log transport event run for over five years, the event (conference, trade exhibits and pre-and post-conference workshops will be covering industry technology firsts including;
– The first Australasian electric log truck using exchangeable batteries
– Operations of the first hydrogen powered log and timber haulage trucks
– Trial results on running diesel-hydrogen hybrid transport fleets
– Rolling out scalable hydrogen refuelling networks across NZ
– Development of the first off-road in-forest log truck platooning
– Robotic and mobile log scaling measurements
– Operations of new automated chain throwing & tensioning
Mark the date into your diaries. It will be run in Rotorua, New Zealand and will also be livestreamed for Australian companies unable to travel into New Zealand or for remote delegates from outside this region. Programme details and registrations have just gone live last week and other information on this event can now be found on the event website www.woodtransport.event.
On the website, you can also register to receive industry updates around log measurement, loading, wood transport and logistics if keen. Further details will follow.
At this stage, for those companies interested in securing either indoor or outdoor exhibition space, please make contact directly with firstname.lastname@example.org